Iron gates help protect property. They stand tall when guarding property as a solid and immovable barrier. Made from durable material, they are the perfect foil for premeditated robbery and thievery attempts. Iron gates become more effective when used with good-quality locks. The locks allow property owners to control who enters and exits their property. They also reinforce the strength of the iron gate by making it difficult for intruders to force open the gate.
The options are endless if you are searching for a durable lock that offers maximum security. Below we delve into the different types of main door locks for iron gates and explore their features and advantages to help you select the perfect lock.
Padlocks are versatile locking devices widely used in securing iron gates. They have a sturdy metal body, a shackle and a locking mechanism. Padlocks are detachable, which allows them to be attached to a hasp welded onto the iron gate. They use the traditional key that aligns with the lock’s internal mechanism to unlock the shackle.
Advantages of Padlocks
● Versatile: Padlocks can be used in different gates and provide an effective solution for various sizes and designs of iron gates.
● Portable: Padlocks are removable and portable, allowing you to use them in multiple locations or transfer them from different places on your property.
● Choice of Security Level: These locks come in various security levels. From basic models for general use to high-security options, they offer flexibility in choosing the level of protection needed.
● Cost-Effective: If you are looking for a cost-effective option, padlocks are generally affordable compared to other locks.
● No Installation: Padlocks do not require complex installation procedures, which makes them more convenient. They can be easily attached to a hasp on the gate without the need to be fixed by profession.
Rim locks are the oldest type of locking devices for a door. The basic design comprises a surface mounted box containing a deadbolt type of lock and a latch. The locks are easy to fit as they are fixed to the surface of the door rather than being mortice-set into the edge.
Advantages of Rim Locks
● Ease of Installation: Rim locks are surface mounted and do not require extensive modification on the gate. The fact that these are mounted on a door and only the barrel passes through, means that it can be used on any door regardless of thickness.
● Easy to Operate: Rim locks are straightforward to use simply through a key or a thumb turn.
● Compatibile: Rim locks can be installed on any type of door, be it wooden or steel or aluminium. This quality makes them suitable for a wide range of applications.
● Unmatched Performance: High-quality rim locks are such that only 1 in 30 trillion rim locks share a key.
● Available in Many Options: Rim locks are available in different technologies, designs and finishes to suit your need and preference.
It is important to note that while the iron gates are effective and reliable, their effectiveness lies in the type of lock that they have. Choose a padlock, or rim lock for maximum security. They are more compatible, secure, and available in many options to fit your gate finish.
In nutshell, below are the benefits of using locks on iron gates:
- They deter unauthorised access annd tresspassing
- They prevent damage being caused to your land and property
- They secure the whole property
- They enhance the safety of anyone on the property
Choose the lock that suits your needs best and have it installed in your iron gate by a professional. Professional installation will ensure that the lock has been fitted well and that the chances of anyone trespassing into your property are minimal.